New! Retention Period Calculator. This calculator will determine the Fiscal, Calendar, or Anniversary Year records retention period. Click in the button below to download the excel file.
- UCF Public Records Requests
- UCF Schedules – Quick Reference
- Personnel Documents Quick Reference
- Training Slides (Updated 5/6/19)
State of Florida Schedules & Links
- All Schedules with descriptions
- GS1-SL: State & Local Govt. Agencies
- GS2: Law Enforcement
- GS4: Health Care Providers
- GS5: Public Universities
- GS15: Public Libraries
UCF Regulations and Policies
All policies are located at Policies.ucf.edu. Policies relevant to records management and retention include:
- 2-003 Records Management and Retention (Pending)
- 4-005 University Archives
- 2-100 Florida Public Records Act
- 6-002 Public Information and Media Relations
- 4-001 Retention Requirements for Electronic Mail
- 4-007 Security of Mobile Computing, Data Storage, and Communication Devices
- 4-012 Collection and Use of Social Security Numbers
- 4-016 Email Provisioning, De-provisioning, and Use
Welcome to Records Management at UCF
Records Management at UCF is here to help you by phone, Skype, or in person. We can also schedule a presentation for your department. Click on Contact to reach our team at any time or call 407-823-2351.
Records Management is governed by the Florida Department of State, Division of Library and Information Services. They establish guidelines, provide assistance, and oversee compliance with requirements.
Records Management is an essential function of the institution, ensuring that we maintain university records for the period established by law.
What is a record? Any written or digital document, form, email, note, or other item that refers to or pertains to university business. According to the Florida Supreme Court, a public record “is any material prepared in connection with official agency business which is intended to perpetuate, communicate, or formalize knowledge of some type”.
Why is this important? The benefits of effective records management include space savings, reduced expenditures (filing equipment, staff hours, digital back-up charges), reduced risk (related to cyber attack and legal risks), efficiency of information retrieval, compliance, protection of vital records, and preservation of historical records.
Read more about Records Management
How can we help?
Compliance is a priority; so is supporting a transparent and user-friendly Records Management process at UCF.
In person: Millican Hall, Suite 384
Contact Names: Carmen Jarquin
University of Central Florida
Office of the Vice President
for Administration and Finance
Attn: Records Management
4365 Andromeda Loop N.
Orlando, FL 32816-0020
UNIVERSITY OF CENTRAL FLORIDA
DIVISION OF ADMINISTRATION AND FINANCE
4365 Andromeda Loop N. Orlando, Florida 32816 | 407.823.2351
Web: admfin.ucf.edu | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
© University of Central Florida